Labs and Centres
Our mission is to optimize human health, from the individual to the population, through excellence in interdisciplinary teaching, research, and community engagement.
- Dr. Phil Ainslie and Dr. Neil Eves: Centre for Heart, Lung and Vascular Health (CHLVH)
- Dr. Gordon Binsted
- Dr. Cristina Caperchione: The PHAB Lab
- Dr. Glen Foster
- Dr. Heather Gainforth: Applied Behaviour Change Lab
- Dr. Jennifer Jakobi and Dr. Gareth Jones: Healthy Exercise and Aging Lab (HEAL)
- Dr. Mary Jung: Health and Exercise Psychology Lab (HEPL)
- Dr. Jonathan Little
- Dr. Chris MacNeil
- Dr. Alison McManus
- Dr. Paul van Donkelaar
- Dr. Sally Willis-Stewart: Nutrition Education Centre (NEC) and PUMPS Program (Disordered Eating Program)
Be a research participant
Being a research participant helps graduate students and faculty collect necessary data for their studies. It also gives students perspective on what research is all about and how knowledge related to health and exercise science is derived. It’s a great opportunity to get to know the HES faculty, learn about their passion and be a part of world-class research. Some studies require preparation, such as abstaining from caffeine, food or exercise prior to testing. Be certain to ask questions about what your role will be and how long you will be in the lab. Participation in research studies is not a reason to miss lecture, lab or exams.