STEP 1: Attend one information session.
Please ensure that you attend one of the following sessions:
1) Tues. Oct. 17 from 11:00-11:45 in ART 202
2) Thurs. Oct. 26 from 9:30-10:15 ART 110
3) Fri. Oct. 27 from 10:30-11:15 in ART 210
STEP 2: Create a UBC email address. It will end with @alumni.ubc.ca even though you are not an alumnus yet! Click here to create email.
STEP 3: Register with KOPS
Note: You must have a UBC email address to register.
Once registered with KOPS, students can:
- Browse potential placement opportunities
- Update registration details and profile information
- Upload your resume
- Upload your grades from SSC
You will be contacted by email once your application has been accepted.
STEP 4: Submit the following to the HES School Assistant:
1) CPR-C – bring CPR card to ART 360 OR take a photo and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Practicum CPR Proof
* Must be current within 12 months of course start date.
2) UBC Student Accident Insurance – once purchased online, confirmation is automatically sent to the HES School Assistant
Fill out and return to HES School Assistant at the information session.
- Fill out PART 1
- Ensure email included in PART 1 is correct as that will be where they send the payment information ($28.00 by credit card only)
- Print page 1 only and sign and date your form
- HES School Assistant will submit the complete form to the Ministry on your behalf.
- If you have had a Criminal Record Check completed (and cleared to work with children and vulnerable adults) within 12 months of the course start date, please provide a copy to the HES School Assistant as soon as possible.
STEP 5: Have some ideas for practicum placements prior to your meeting with Rebecca, the Placement Coordinator. You may also bring new ideas for potential placements to the meeting.
STEP 6: Schedule a meeting with Rebecca via email to discuss your placement before the term start date.
Did you know?
You can view the progress of your KOPS registration!
1. Click on ‘Check My Registration Progress’
2. Select the most recent entry
3. View progress