STEP 1: Attend one information session.
Next session: September (TBA)
STEP 2: Create a UBC email address. It will end with @alumni.ubc.ca even though you are not an alumnus yet! Click here to create email.
STEP 3: Register with KOPS
Note: You must have a UBC email address to register.
Once registered with KOPS, students can:
- Browse potential placement opportunities
- Update registration details and profile information
- Upload your resume
- Upload your grades from SSC
You will be contacted by email once your application has been accepted.
STEP 4: Submit the following to the HES School Assistant:
1) CPR-C – bring CPR card to ART 360 OR take a photo and email to email@example.com with subject line: Practicum CPR Proof
* Must be current within 12 months of course start date.
2) UBC Student Accident Insurance – once purchased online, confirmation is automatically sent to the HES School Assistant
3) UBC Practicum CRC Application (credit card only) – automatically sent to HES School Assistant upon purchase.
- This typically takes approximately 2-5 weeks to be processed…please plan ahead. If you encounter any difficulties, please contact the HES School Assistant.
- Do NOT go to your local police station – use the online process.
- For out-of-province placements, please contact the Placement Coordinator
- If you have had a Criminal Record Check completed (and cleared to work with children and vulnerable adults) within 12 months of the course start date, please provide a copy to the HES School Assistant.
STEP 5: Have some ideas for practicum placements prior to your meeting with Rebecca, the Placement Coordinator. You may also bring new ideas for potential placements to the meeting.
STEP 6: Schedule a meeting with Rebecca via email to discuss your placement before the term start date.