All pre-practicum requirements (STEPS 1-5) must be completed by the first day registration opens for the respective term.
STEP 1: Attend an information meeting.
All Spring 2017 meetings have been completed. Please stay tuned for upcoming meetings.
STEP 2: Register with KOPS.
Note: You must have a UBC email address to register. Don’t have a UBC email address? Click here to get one.
Once registered with KOPS, students can:
- Browse placements
- Update registration details
- Schedule appointments with the Placement Coordinator
- Check upcoming events and deadlines on calendar
You will be notified of registration approval via email.
STEP 3: Submit the following to the HES School Assistant to be force-registered in HMKN 401:
- CPR-C (valid for term of placement) – take a photo and email to HES School Assistant with subject line: Practicum CPR
- UBC Student Accident Insurance – automatically sent to HES School Assistant upon purchase
- Criminal Record Check (use access code YG53WDCF8T; credit card only) – automatically sent to HES School Assistant upon purchase
- Takes 2-5 weeks to be processed. Please plan ahead. If you encounter any difficulties, please see the HES School Assistant.
- Do NOT go to your local police station – use the online process.
- Out-of-province students/placements, please contact the Placement Coordinator
- If you have had a CRC completed (and cleared to work with children and vulnerable adults) within 12 months of the course start date, please provide a copy to the HES School Assistant.